Homelessness & Prevention
If you are homeless or about to be made homeless - Talk to us.
You can contact us by:
- Phoning 03451 55 00 33
- Visit your nearest Local Office
- Visit your nearest Home4Good Centre
The help we can give you will depend on your circumstances.
- If you are threatened with homelessness we will see if we can prevent you having to leave your home
- If you have nowhere to stay while we look into your personal circumstances we will arrange temporary accommodation for you
- If you have to leave your home or you are already homeless we will help to find a new home, or you may be entitled to permanent housing from us or a local housing association
We will arrange a private interview where you can discuss your situation confidentially. We will help you to complete the correct application forms after your housing interview and arrange any accommodation needed. Temporary accommodation isn’t free but you may be able to get housing benefit to help pay the rent if you are on a low income.
For help or advice out of office hours or on weekends, please call the Homeless Emergency Number:
0800 028 6231 - This service is free of charge.
The local Citizens Advice and Rights Fife (CARF) service can also give you help and advice on everything from housing to benefits you could be entitled to.