Fife Carers Centre
Fife Carers Centre is a small charity that works, as part of the Princess Royal Trust network of carer organisations, to support unpaid carers throughout Fife. There are around 42,500 unpaid carers in Fife and many of them struggle on alone without support.
How does Fife Carers Centre help carers in Fife?
Our aim is to help carers to make a positive difference to their lives and that of the person for whom they care. We want to
· Help carers recognise and build on their own strengths.
· With the help of specialists give carers information, ideas and tips about looking after someone.
· Give carers the chance to share their own stories with others, swap and compare experiences with carers in similar situations.
· Give carers access to information and knowledge that will help them manage their caring role and plan for the future.
· Encourage carers to take time to care for themselves with relaxation therapies and learning new information and skills.
· Find ways to continue in their job or take up a new work opportunities that fit with their caring role.
We aim to be a “one stop shop” for every carer in Fife – if you are a carer we can help you with
· Information about benefits and entitlements and help with getting the right ones for you and the person you care for.
· Information about the services and support available for your situation and we will help you access them.
· Training workshops on topics that are of interest to your caring situation – e.g. Caring for someone with Dementia.
· The opportunity to talk openly to someone who understands the pressures of caring and the difficulties a carer’s life holds.
· Complementary and Alternative therapy sessions that include aspects of stress management that will enable carers to deal with the stress in their lives more effectively.
· Getting together with people in similar situations as you to relax and talk over your life as a carer.
All of the activities and services that we provide are free for carers to take part in.
Fife Carers Centre
157 Commercial Street
Date: Monday - Friday Centre is open for drop in
- Princess Royal Trust for Carers.
- Coalition of Carers in Scotland.
By listing this group on FifeDirect, Fife Council and FifeDirect in no way endorse or
approve this group. Before you (or your child) joins any group you should ensure you
are satisfied with the group's credentials. Details on what checks you should make
can be read on the Scottish Executive Checklist for Parents.